1.20.2009

Take Me Awaaaaay...

I really wished Reggie & I stayed at Vegas longer; I can't believe it's only a few days away from starting school again...Well, we left So Cal early Sunday morning &, shit, my palms were really sweaty &, as a passenger, I held down on my seat tightly when we were driving by the windy Cajon pass; you can clearly hear the tires skidding from the gust pushing us. That was a scary experience, I think. So we 1st stopped by at Buffalo Bills, the hotel we stayed at, in Primm to just check the place out & kill time before heading to actual Las Vegas to immediately indulge in Makino. Oh man, I LOVE this place, & I think it's better than Todai. Here are some pics of these goodies:




The trick, however, is that the food is obviously freshest when the buffet opens because Reg & I were warned that in closing time the sushi would still be standing. Eww. But this is definitely one of 2 buffets we can't wait to dine again next time.

The 1st day was really fun; we bet a good amount for Cardinals & Ravens to win. Good thing the Cardinals won (I loved that scene where the silly Eagles runner actually couldn't catch the ball about 3 mins. till the game was over), but I was sad for the Ravens loss since I was the one betting on them.

And at Primm, we didn't just get a free room, but free slot plays; free unlimited day passes to the rides, which we rode Desperado 3x and that dizzying virtual "roller roaster" ride; and $1 hot dogs + soda (instead of beer). Somehow, the manager at McDonald's concocted the best Sugar Free Vanilla Iced Coffee out of all these beverages I had. What else. Oh, & the buffet at Buffalo Bills was the WORST I've ever been to. This small eatery served very limited choices (like Hometown Buffet served 50x more variety than that), and the only tasty ones were, from tastiest to mild, the baked chicken, potato wedges, blueberry pie WITH vanilla frozen yogurt, and baked white fish. Everything else was bland, & the pasta they offered was sour...It was a waste of $20 total.

I really wanted to check out, at least, the Flamingo exhibit at the Flamingo resort, but what we really did was horserace-gambling & walking around Paris & Planet Hollywood, &, in my upset mood, I told Reggie that we definitely need to something different the next time we visit. I'm getting a bit fed up going there again. However, when we visited Reggie's aunt & her kids, we found that his aunt could give us a really nice hook up to a Paris room since she works there, and, my goodness, her son not only gained way more weight & grew a foot taller than 5 months ago but he's only less than a foot away from my height, and this kid is, I think, 8? His aunt, although I felt guilty, was disappointed that we couldn't stay longer to talk & chill one more day because we had to ride one more time, in Primm, before it closes, heh.

And we got an extra day free to stay, but unfortunately we had to decline the offer, since tomorrow I had to work. I watched the Inauguration on TV & I giggled when Obama & Chief Justice Roberts nervously messed up the oath. Anyway, at least, we did enjoy staying there since it's worth every "penny." And Reggie forced me to be the driver throughout, and thank God it wasn't so windy at the Cajon pass. And in the middle of the driving trip, I misunderstandingly had to stop at that agriculture checkpoint cause the officer asked me where we came from & if we got any vegetables. Haha, stupid dirty, dusty ass Corolla I'm stuck driving. Man, my only long break is already coming to a close...