1.25.2009

Winter Break Wrap-Up

My 5-week semester break is finally come to a close, & it turned out to be above my expectations on how much I enjoy resting & having a good time on these long days. That includes the following:

-Spending the holidays with my family and Reggie together
-Playing interesting games for the T1 Secret Santa Ugly Sweater Party while making Kearney happy in the end
-Doing chores with my boy & falling asleep together on New Year's
-Unexpectly loving Fated to Love You with a passion (the best romantic comedy EVER, in my own personal opinion)
-Realizing the best gifts do come from something incredibly simple (e.g. I adore the holiday Chinese box w/ the penguin cartoons that Yoli used to wrap my 1/2 gift, haha, that I have to keep it)
-Finally dancing at a nice club w/ nice music in Downtown San Diego w/ my 3 best friends
-Tailgating at Qualcomm Stadium w/ some of my good buddies, even though I didn't go to Chargers game
-Watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, the "saddest movie I've ever seen"
-Working sorta full-time while hearing gossip & bearing annoyances at very good tolerance
-Travelling to Primm & Vegas with Reggie at MLK weekend, spending freely at Buffalo Bills & eating one of the best sushi buffets AND the worst buffet ever
-Dancing at a gay club for the 1st time w/ Gretch, P.A. & Lisa, & it turned out to be extremely interesting & fun mainly because I wasn't so worried to go to any club w/o Reggie
-Relaxing my mind for a long while
-Finally, spending the best, quality time w/ Reggie

I intentionally put the last list, well, last because I am grateful that we had a perfect chance to spend little moments together. And, to be dead honest, I'm anxious and scared of the unknown coming towards me when my busy Spring semester starts tomorrow: I seriously don't know what to expect (which is the 1st time I ever felt about school), but I definitely let Reggie know & be aware of how I'm genuinely feeling & that we'll always support each other when the times do become difficult & time-wrenching (obviously in a school sense). I've gained better perspective from 2008 and now I need to practice that, when in doubt, I must remember & put action to trust & believe in myself, regardless.

As a wise saying goes: a past is history, a future is a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why it's called the present.