2.01.2009

What a Wknd

Saturday:

While checking my email I had to deal w/ a "buddy" of Reggie w/ his nonstop conversations that were not only pointless, but got into the boundary line of my personal space:

Buddy: Why are you always at Reggie's apartment when you have your own?

Me: Well it was my winter break, & now I'm in school.

Buddy: It's a waste of money if you've been coming here all the time. Blah blah blah, how far are you from school & this apartment, blah blah blah...(Ok, that's really none of your business b/c I just met you & I don't know you at all.  But since you've crossed the line, & b/c you assumed I'm working, I have no choice but to say this...)

Me: Oh, it's my parents that are the ones paying for my rent.  I'm not working now because I'm gonna be busy in school..

Buddy: Oh I see, that's different.  That's lucky.  Nowadays, people are getting spoiled...it was not like that back in my days...

Sigh, how pointless & degrading of this guy.  And Reggie & I had to deal w/ him & his nonstop, unintelligent chatting while apartment-hunting around the Valley.  He's very annoying the whole morning not only because of his reckless driving & riding with the most stubborn guy Reggie & I have ever met, but talking to him about anything, like about doctors, medicine, & plain common sense, is completely unworthy & useless. He seriously thinks he's better than us, but good thing I'm visiting North Hollywood once every other week.

Enough of this nuisance and now I'll talk about the rest of the day at Cedars-Sinai.  Reggie & I visited a family & their baby, a 6-mth preemie.  Man, this kid is a fighter indeed; he's slowly improving & when conditions are almost perfect he can get out of that hospital in April.  I was glad to see & hear the news about his gradual process.  And curious me, I let my wandering eyes look all over the NICU & I sorta got scolded for that =P.  So we ended the day walking around Beverly Center Mall & dining out at Thai BBQ, where in the end Reggie got the idea that b/c we saw a Korean restaurant right next to Thai BBQ he wants to eat Korean BBQ next time we dine out.

Sunday:

After studying Biochemistry, Reggie's buddy & Reggie's mom came back to the apartment, introducing this new roommate:

Bubba (what an ugly name) is an awesome bird--well I think most animals are awesome anyway, no pun intended.  Reggie & I are so excited to teach the parrot to say our names; I think it'll be cooler if he can say my full name but of course I want to make things really easy.  Actually, I got too excited when I opened his cage that I did risk Bubba biting my hand super hard, & good thing I wore my sleeved jacket just to be safe ^_^.  Dumbass me heh.

Now I'm just resting while "watching" the Super Bowl (c'mon Cardinals) & then I need to go back to my own apartment to handle the real game..