Disclaimer: I thought it was funny, not insulting, but it makes better sense if your mom has this typical characteristic (like check out mymomisafob.com or mydadisafob.com).
Dang, 5 minutes (but made this script notoriously short b/c some were repeated sentences) on the phone just to tell her my damn letter address, yet it would've been easier if I could speak the 2nd language...
F: Okay, do you have your pen & paper ready?
M: Yes, alright..
F: 1-1-5-5-5
M: Uh huh.
F: Three one six, T-H (was literally pronouncing this b/c I know she'll be confused if I say "thrEE-sics-tEEn-thuh")
M: 3-1-6-8?
F: No, it's 3-1-6...three sixTEENTH street.
M: So it's (slowly repeating) 1-1-5-5-3-1-6-8
F: No, no, no. 1, 1, 5-5-5
M: 1-1-5-5-5-3-1...
F: No! The number has 5 digits! The number has three 5's...Three-sixteenth is the name of the address...
M: 3-1-6, P as in Paul?
F:...Tee as in Tom, and Aych.....
M: Wha? Why so many numbers?
F: (Trying to not laugh hysterically) I don't know, blame it on the address.
M: So it's eleven fifty-five.
F: No, 1-1-5-5-5, three 5's!
M:One, one, five, five, five, three, 5-3-1...
F: (Grunting) Okay, let's start over & scratch what ever you wrote...it's 1-1-5-5-5.
M: Tell me, eleven fifty-five.
F: Okay, how about this: eleven, five hundred fifty five (555)....
M: So 1-1-five hundred five...1-1-5-0-0-5-5...7 numbers?
F: No. Five hundred fifty-five is 5-5-5
M: So 1-1-five hundred, fifty-five...
F: You know what, I'll just text you the exact address...
M: Yea, do that...
F: Alright, talk to you later. Bye.