4.16.2009

Patience Paid Off

I'm on-&-off sitting and standing in line to see my Microbiology advisor, waiting for way more than 1/2 an hour for 6 hopeful students, some confused about handling the Intro to Microbiology conflict.  And my sole purpose of a line seemingly frozen for some cool, adrenaline-rush ride was to obtain Dr. Eveland's signature for only one class, Epidemiology, next semester.

So why not kill time by reading and highlighting some words in some article I need to organize to write another Micro Ecology summary critique.  More than just carefully searching through the sea of redundancy and jargon, I'd experience interesting personal school conflicts (or should I say "tsismis") unlike that dreadful introduction dilemma.  And some of these short-term questions ended up saving a couple of hassling phone calls from this seemingly nice woman by my quick, intervening responses, like "Looking for Dr. Dillon? He's in the MIC building.."

My help was rewarded by that nice lady wondering who the heck I am and what in the world am I gonna do after I graduate--oh, keep in mind that I am exaggerating my sentence; she was really being sweet in trying to get to know me a little.  Then I found out through some credential that this was the woman, the associate advisor, my friends say "she is a bitch," just noting to myself that different people just thought others in another dimension.

I finally obtained his autograph in under a minute visiting him, & back in my apartment, I got into Epidemiology and, amazingly, I wrote my Micro Eco critique, start to finish, in 1/2 an hour.  Sweetness!