1.13.2009

Courage

Hello, it's the new year. I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. After finals I was very caught up with the holidays & had tireless days to get my ass off to work almost every day. And also I've been reading New Moon & watching Fated to Love You and, currently, Miss No Good. Seriously, I really hate romantic drama shows, & I definitely didn't think that I'll be loving and addicted to Fated to Love You, but this show was an exception.

Anyway, to the important part.

I recently got news from a few of my family members that another aunt of mine is suffering from cancer (she's been in PGH since Xmas Eve), but I don't know what it is exactly (that's how I always get the vague info from family anyway). And the way they describe honestly sounded hopeless on her getting better... And yes, I am expecting the worst, based on the information I read. But, in a way, in account of "Happens for a reason" bullcrap, it made sense why my aunt and grandparents especially, and suddenly, moved back to the Philippines. My parents had to take care of both my college funding and that new house, and I'm still studying Microbiology, and so there's really no time to take care of my grandparents, except for my cousins overseas. And for several years in the U.S., my sick aunt was the one nursing both of her parents. That's how I view it, but, at the same time, it's unfortunate to finding out my aunt's condition all the way there and, from what I observed and heard, seems to have less accessible healthcare benefits than in the U.S.

The best situation to deal with is to cope with this event, again, & pray for the family to continue to have courage & strength. As my Aunt Yoli stated in her email to me, "We must accept the change, regardless of how bitter."