2.22.2009

Lousy

I'm feeling so lousy today that I don't even know how to go about writing my intro for this entry.  Hmm.  Well, yesterday was, I guess, a day that caffeine was definitely not my friend.  I was able to study adequately for cell biology (which I'll label this 340) while drinking hot cocoa & trying my best not to get distracted with Bubba the parrot's incessant talking AND annoying screaming, but I felt that I couldn't use time too wisely to focus on the harder subject, which I'll shortly call this pain in the ass 441B.

Damn, I really can't remember what else I did yesterday afternoon, except visiting the family once again at Cedars-Sinai.  Since the NICU only let up to 4 persons visit the little fella at a time, Reggie & I sat in the waiting room while his mom went inside with the father, which I thought was perfect to continue reading 340.  30 minutes later, both of us were caught napping--yes, I slept through immediately after closing my binder--but at least I was elated that the preemie finally started to look like a "normal infant."  No more myriads of tubes all around him anymore.  Keep up the good work, Cedars-Sinai staff =].  And despite drinking 3 cups of Diet Coke while dining at Thai BBQ, again, soon after arriving back to Reggie's apartment, I couldn't stay up & concentrate any longer & thus I delved into snooze zone too early on a Saturday night...

And today is the worst for my productivity (partly because of writing my blog, hehe).  I slept for more than 10 hours straight, ate an omelette, &, still feeling lethargic, "napped" again after about 1/2 an hour of 340.  I awoke 1-ish with extremely irritating dysmenorrhea.  There were no acetaminophen, my favorite painkilling drug, nor naproxen around his apartment.  So I'm stuck using my ibuprofen, which I despise taking it for this particular pain.  Why?  Because this "mofo" gives me that emetic side effect, even when I quickly consumed eating cold pandesal after swallowing that one pill.  Less than an hour later, there I went...I had loss of appetite that I'm forced to eat an egg roll (which I still do feel it, unfortunately) & I continued sleeping until 5 p.m. so I can drive back to my choco-chip scented apartment.

So I used more than 1/2 of the day snoozing and losing time, but I kept it up by finishing up my microecology (355) critique & feeling prepared for tomorrow's exam.  Yet, I'm self-punishing with a huge dose of 441B for Monday...