2.15.2009

V-Day Span

2.13.2009

Research became surprisingly easy once again.  After my library errands for the books & articles, I didn't realize that Kimmie, my colleague, was familiar with FISH b/c, as an undergrad in LB State, she did the same thing but for a different research professor & for a different approach to use a probe marker.  How kind of her to unreluctantly help me out by going to that other lab & obtain the protocol papers.

Then Reggie & I arrived at Gretch's for her goodbye-house party, & wow, I seriously wish I brought my guy friends over b/c it's the 1st time in YEARS that I attended a house party where there were, I'm estimating, probably a 9:1 ratio of estrogen to testosterone.  That was really fun since it will (better) be a long time--psh, actually the next chillout is 3 weeks from Valentine's Day, so I'm already planning ahead for goof-off/school time.  I'm slightly surprised at myself for not experiencing the drunken symptoms, except for uninhibition to dance ^_^; I ended up drinking 3.5 instead of just 1...You suck, Fiametta...

2.14.2009

I talked to my mom & it turned out that I don't need to go to S.D. & so I wish her & my aunt & uncle a safe & good trip at P.I. on Monday.  But the plus side is that I have more time studying Microecology &, forcibly, Biochemistry.  So for Valentine's, Reggie really surprised me with several small presents (I was only expecting a balloon but not food, custom-made card & a stuffed-toy bear "vase" holding fake roses), & I absolutely, perhaps passionately, love his White Chocolate-covered Fortune Cookies--I swear, these are irresistibly delicious (I think I'll have another one after I'm done writing this) &, yup, Reg has good taste, no pun intended.  And instead of the Macaroni Grill, we dined at Bishamon & loved every plate we ordered =D; I certainly had a Happy V-Day indeed.   So we ended our day eating more goodies chilling at Ryan's house watching a semi-retarded All-Star Slam Dunk & karaoking.

Today

I'm gonna start MICR 355 in a while.  I had my daily dose of caffeine, i.e. the Iced Vanilla Coffee, & I wanna comment on something that happened around the weekend.

It made sense why there was drama the entire time that ended up breaking up the group & I've been enormously elated that this was over.  But what I'm slightly pissed off about is that I, from now on, have to be wary on anything that applies to a certain couple.  My buddies & I had to listen to all the relationship troubles almost every time we all hang out, & that resulted in suppporting to one side over another & advising about the "plenty of fish in the sea," "you can do so much better," & "you don't need this" like a number of times because we definitely didn't want to see unhappiness.  Now you're back together suddenly regardless of all the hurt--towards a decent number of friends--& betrayal embedded in your soul that WILL affect the family life?  No wonder, & thank goodness, I'm not really close (here's the cold truth: I'm extremely loyal to trust only a very few).  After that little unexpected encounter, I won't believe & trust every word you'd complain about anymore.

Okay, I'm out.