2.12.2009

Pissy & Pizookie

I actually woke up a bit depressed, suffering from mind-boggling studying of CHEM441B.  That stupid walrus's attitude made me think again about how hard his class will be.  Yea, I really had no clue how difficult was the quiz gonna be.  5 classes, so what.  But no, emotional me, while doing morning chores, with all my might, I had the overwhelming tears slowly drawing away from my eyes & decided to just quickly dissipate all the doubting packages stuffed in my brain before I arrived at school around 9 something.  My study strategy for the day is to take my own time scrutinizing the structures & what inhibits what, blah blah.

But I really had enough of worrying, & so I chose to study a little of Bacterial Pathogenesis--& that was seriously fun & much worth knowing, in terms of personal interest--& go to my research lab to browse through Eric's book, & yet I finally obtain a library call number for a book that might contain the damn FISH protocols.  I hate ScienceDirect, the research search engine site.

I felt alone as well--not lonely, I see these 2 words as 2 different interpretations--& all I thought of to ease my short-term trouble is to just eat out w/ someone, although I did want to keep this biochem burden to myself until I can calmly talk about it.  And I was drooling (come on, not literally) for my all-time favorite, the Choco Chip Pizookie.  Fuck dessert on V-Day.  Besides, Reggie isn't a big fan of American sweets anyway.  As I was saying, good thing Gretch was available to dine our asses off later on.

It's almost 2p.m., a few hours before I face you know what.  I still didn't feel like repetitively going over CHEM 441B, & so I took care of registering MICR496, if I want CSULB to officially know I'm in research, & go to my car, hopefully catching at least an hour of "power-napping."  Darn the car alarms & the bitter cold in the car interior that I was only able to obtain an official nap, i.e. 20 minutes...

I also want to get over the hassle of the wrong key issue, & shit, over 20 minutes of suspicious questioning about trying to open the other door & to find out that I have to back to the FHMB office tomorrow morning?  Ugh, those unreliable locksmiths.

Since I would meet up with Gretch around 8, I thought I'd be able to consume a "snack" by trying Sbarro's roasted potatoes.  But since they were almost the same price as a slice of cheese pizza, & the fact I've been more budget-conscious, I pigged out on the melty, chumpy (I know there's no such word but I had to say it's neither chewy or crunchy) substance.  But at the same time I did study my biochem notes once more.

The clock ticked 5 & it was time for the dreaded 25-point quiz, 1 point for having BOTH your name & student ID#.  Oh my goodness.  I'm starting to get angry at myself, once again.  I studied much more on the material covered both in 441B & A than the new material that was actually asked.  I could only answer the enzyme question unreluctantly, & used the best of my knowledge on the other 2.  If I followed the other way I really wouldn't think the quiz was that bad & thus finish it decently.  Quiz was done 35 min. later & suffered to listen (well personally I liked his lectures about lipid metabolism) 10 min. over the official end time. Whatever, now I know how the teacher formats his questions.

As soon as I got home, I quickly did a body test on Wii Fit & drove to Baldwin Park to eat BJ's with Gretchel.  Because I saw a waiter carrying a giant, 18+ inch diameter of a Pizookie, maybe I'll have that on my birthday (if I'm really gonna celebrate it).  But while constantly talking, Harvey texted me about the quiz results, & when he told me that he & other friends actually got a 1/25, my brain suddenly froze.  Yet I quickly, & repeatedly, told Gretch in absolute anxiety: NO, I DON'T WANNA SEE IT YET. I'M A WUSS; I WANNA CHECK MY SCORE W/ A BIOCHEM CLASSMATE AT THE SAME TIME. I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW HOW SHOULD I REACT AFTER HOURS OF PENETRATING THE INFO INTO MY HEAD.  The epiphany: the walrus really made sense & he really meant every word he said.  As of this writing, I still haven't checked but I'll have the courage tomorrow at the SAS computer lab.

As Gretchel goes, "3 more months."  I love her optimism.  The pizookie was yummy, of course, & hearing the "chismis" about the "group" made both our days.  I'll probably down a tequila or 2 tomorrow night at her party...

Happy early V-Day =P.