Ugh, I think I'm done studying biochem for the night--I have more time to go over the damn regulatory pathways & the non-oxidative phase of the pentose phosphate shunt tomorrow before biostats anyway.
A strange lesson that I learned for myself is that I don't have to be that afraid of being candid. Francisco, during my TOPPS meeting, gave a wise point about teachers being human, & realizing that increases my odds of having a better letter of recommendation rather than stating out: "Fia was getting better during my class with her..." I think I mentioned it before, but I was that timid little lady towards an authoritative figure, reluctant to even put an inch of my foot in the door boundary of the professor's office, & yet I do notice that my test grades were so much better after actually & bravely asking for help. And now that I learned that in the real world, people are gonna be bitches to you or not (& you can't really do anything about it), it's relatively easy for me to approach to my current professors. So even though I encountered a tough cookie or a total douche bag who wants to make you believe that you can't handle his class, I'm still up for the asking. I love using different strategies anyway.
That also brings up about my research professor. I seriously thought it would be awkward to have him both my cell biology teacher & my colleague. But after getting used to him through meetings & spontaneous questions about his course, I don't have that awkward sense anymore. He noticed that I was stiff as a metal stick when I first introduced myself to him when applying to be in his research team, & recently how my written description for verifying my MICR496 was like I was "being pinned to a corner." But I improved my paragraph, & with that & him being absolutely open about how he really felt about teaching cell biology made me aware that, yeah, Francisco is right, Eric is being human, even during lecture time. I definitely find it relieving that I don't need to self-restrain my personality in front of him, & thus it was so much easier to tell him about what I thought about his lectures & what I need to improve my research. I think it'll be much cooler if I treat & see him as a professional friend than a top PhD professor, but in all honesty, I can't "categorize" that way yet. I am straightforward with all my other teachers, but I don't have to fear what they think of me.
And I've been You-tubing too much today, & I stumbled upon this channel called the Community Channel by Natalie Tran. I seriously admire this Australian bitch, obviously because of her clever, outspoken personality about what happened to her on one random day, & how she's frank about her bitchy rants & her discussions about the novels she read. Damn, I want to read more of them besides the Twilight series. What I like the most about her Vlogs are her posting of porno music comments from random Youtubers at the end of her videos. I'm thinking, geez, some people actually find it pleasurable & fun writing negative feedback. I still can't handle hearing & seeing those things, however, but I love the feeling of widening my eyes that people love to expose their mean attitudes & don't give a crap about getting retaliated. I also laugh at so many pervs mentioning her boobs b/c of the location of the words on her T-shirt. So I really love watching her vids, but unfortunately I need to start getting ready for bed now. I want to try/make those lamingtons, heh.
Favorite Vids of Today:
Happy Slip's Sleepness Nights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zljqn5eOUc
Irrational Killer Spider Fears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3GwJXfefck&feature=channel_page
(This sorta reminds me of myself, in an exaggerating way)