11.19.2008

My Epiphany on a Hump Day

Hmm, what did I really learn today? To get to the answer later, I'll wrap up with what happened to my day today.

Microbiology: too much to discuss; but the lab was fun & productive, even though I physiologically felt crappy, i.e. feeling the side effects, because of this strong antibiotic I'm taking, resulting in frequent bathroom breaks. Then I ate lunch solo at the I Luv Sushi restaurant; I really didn't expect the potato croquets I ordered would be that huge (3 of them, each almost the size of my small fist!), and so I had 7 of 12 of my sushi rolls brought home for dinner. After I arrived home I took a long nap, as usual, and woke up around 4 to drive back to school for Biology class. I also didn't expect the last half of the lecture to be, in my opinion, very interesting: plant anatomy simply reminded me of the anatomy of animals. When I came back home, I had a very good conversational talk with my roommate about so much drama going on with our friends & how we're involved (heh).

In the midst of the day, actually while putting gas in the car, I just realized that all the people I know, at least, at a minimal closure have some commonality with me: one cousin I barely know is that good of a singer & passionate of food as me; a friend of mine often writes his Facebook status about his "adventures" with science, just like I do; my roommate is comfortable being very open to me about other people, which I like to discuss about; and also my biology lab friend, who gave me the hook-up for joining Eric's research team, even though I actually consider her an acquaintance for now, she has the same, generous outlook of helping people out unexpectedly, which is what I like to do too!

So the case in point was that there is definitely a minimal commonality between myself and everybody, which is why I'm more open-minded to everyone I meet, and get along with them! It's just something that, from time to time, I may be aware of whenever I'll meet another person.

Now I need to study on all the non-animal life cycles!